In 1750 The Recueil d’estampes d’apres les plus celeres tableaux de la Galerie Royale de Drede
(The Dresden Gallery ) invited artists from all over Europe to engrave the masterworks from their vast and impressive collection. Volume One of fifty engravings were completed in 1753 and the second in 1757 ( Volume Two). These engravings allow the general public to have the opportunity to admire the great artists of the early 18th century in their own home.Charles Francois Hutin (1715-1776) was a French painter, engraver and sculptor. In 1748 he went to Dresden, was the director of an Academy there and worked for the Dresden Gallery preparing drawings for publication. This image, after Luc Jordan, is a double sheet in very good condition with a publisher’s center fold less obvious than in the web site photograph.