In 1750 The Recueil d’estampes d’apres les plus celeres tableaux de la Galerie Royale de Drede
(The Dresden Gallery ) invited artists from all over Europe to engrave the masterworks from their vast and impressive collection. Volume One of fifty engravings were completed in 1753 and the second in 1757 ( Volume Two). These engravings allow the general public to have the opportunity to admire the great artists of the early 18th century in their own home. Fransesco Vanni ( 1563-
1610) was one of the last great artists of the Sienese School and one of the principal masters of late mannerist and early baroque paintings in Italy. This print is in very good condition.